Monday, April 13, 2015

April 6, 2015

It's already been a month?!

Hey y'all!!

K first off, I just want to say that General Conference this weekend was AMAZING!! I've never gotten more out of it before. I wasn't tired at all and I felt the spirit so strongly, it was great. Personally my favorite talks were the one by Elder Holland cuz he always gets me pumped. But I loved Elder Kevin W. Pearson of the Seventy's talk. He talked about how we can always stay true to the gospel. He told us to never forget to pray, obedience builds faith in Christ & to read the Book of Mormon Everyday, Everyday, Everyday! it was great.

Anyways, we had a great week! I went on exchanges for Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday morning in Laplace with our district leader, Elder Whittier. He's been out about 9 months and so I was kinda nervous that I was gonna do bad but I actually kind of took over in his area which was so cool. Like Elder Morrell and I try to talk to everyone so I've gotten pretty good at starting conversations and contacting everyone I see but Elder Whittier isn't as comfortable with that. So as we went out tracting and contacting he said it was so cool that I could talk to anyone and that I was already better than a lot of missionaries at it and so I thought that was such a compliment! We were able to teach an 8 year old girl prepping for baptism and it was so cool to feel how innocent she is and the power and innocence of her spirit. We also gave a lady in the ward a blessing which was cool.

So I got back to Luling on Thursday and idk what it is but a lot of ladies hit on Elder Morrell and I...I guess they just like us Utah boys hahah anyways, we were contacting in a city called Wagaman and we went to a McDonalds that is in the city that we always go to. And there is this middle aged black lady who works there named Erica and she is there every time we go and when we walk in she yells "MMM MMM it's Mr. Armstrong!" so that always makes me smile. And on Friday we were out contacting again and this lady was sitting on her porch drinking a beer and we walked up and started talking to her. Her name is Miss Michelle and she's like 40 somethin but she started talking and said "Y,all are a couple of handsome young men!" and we laughed and were like "Ohhh thanks" and she continued and said "No really if I was young again...mmm mmm" in my mind I was thinking "Oh dear. please no." hahaha then she started telling us about her daughter and niece and how we should talk to them and we explained that we can't really date and she was quite disappointed. I guess we just a couple of lady killers.

Last story for the week, we met this guy named Mr. Charles last week when he was out mowing his lawn he stopped and yelled '"My Mormon Brothas!" This guy has a freakin story. So we went over on Friday to teach him and he has us come in and sit down. and he is a BIG black dude. like 6' 6" and at least 250 or 260 but he's not fat. and he's got scars all over his face and arms. anyways, we start reading from the bible and talking with him about Christ and he tells us how he used to not care about Christ and he said "I done everythin possible on the street except kill a man" like it was nuts. he told us about how he used to buy and sell drugs and did 17 1/2 years in prison but he came to Christ and chose his path now, it was so cool! he wants to keep meeting with us and see what we know! i'm pumped to teach him.

But anyways, a less active in our ward just called us and has a flat tire and needs a ride so we have to go help him now and have plans for the rest of P day so idk if i'll be able to really email any of y'all today but i'll try! I love y'all and am so thankful for this opportunity I have to be a missionary!! 

-Elder Armstrong


No comments:

Post a Comment