Sunday, March 8, 2015

DAY 3 in the MTC

                                                                                                   March 6, 2015
Hey everybody! So I'm on day 3 here in the MTC and am loving it! Not gonna lie, studying all day is a bit of a change from sitting around and doing nothing most of the time...but it's great! The spirit here in the MTC is so strong! I'm really trying to focus on not just feeling the spirit, but actually trying to interpret what it wants me to say. I'd say that's the biggest challenge I have ahead because I know Preach My Gospel pretty well, it's just knowing what the spirit wants me to say and when to say it.
   Now my companion is Elder Stimpson and he's from some tiny town called Deetrick, Idaho population 300. He worked on a dairy farm and wants to grow up to be a rich dairy man and to be honest he kind of reminds me of Josh Weight a little bit hahaha he also kind of has some southern accent/drawl so I call him Oklahoma sometimes and he doesn't like that too much. And I thought he'd be going to Louisiana with me but he's actually going to Philadelphia with the other 2 guys and 2 girls in our district. Oh ya! I'm the District Leader so that's kind of cool. There's 8 of us, 4 guys and 4 girls. The other guys in our district and room are pretty funny, Elder Thielen and Elder Harman. Elder Harman is a kid from Idaho that is SO excited about everything. EVERYTHING. It's a little too much energy for me at times. And Elder Thielen is from Carson City, Nevada and is pretty funny. 
   I've seen a lot of people here that I know! Like Jen Dodge, Emily Orton, Scott Tew, Tanner Galloway, Whitney Vest & Skyler Jolley's older brother works here in the gym so I talked with him for a little bit. Anyways, it's so cool to see how much i've grown in just a couple days. I'm excited to keep learning and growing and to get out into the field!! I miss you guys but I know I'm out here doing what I'm supposed to for the right reasons and i couldn't be happier :) And I tried to attach some pictures but this computer is being dumb and wont open my camera when I plug it in sooo i'll try and figure that out. Anyways, Thanks for all the prayers and emails! Love ya guys! 
-Elder Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment